Friday, August 15, 2014

Creative Card Challenge 008

Ok, well I am already doing better at this blog thing... two posts in as many days!!


I found another card challenge I wanted to try! It is a newer site called creativechallengeclubs.blogspot.ca 

For this card I decided to do something a little different. It may be hard to see from the pictures but instead of cutting a circle out and gluing it on my card base, I cut the circle out of the card base! The card is very simple, and I debated about filling the white space in the upper left corner but I wasn't entirely sure what to put there... so it stayed blank!

Here are the products I used:

- Soft Sky card stock (SU!)
- Soft Suede ink pad (SU!)
- Linen thread (SU!)
- Stylin' Girl stamp set (SU!)
- Sweet Essentials stamp set (SU!)
- Petite petals stamp set and punch (SU!)
- Everyday Enchantment DSP (SU!)
- Tangerine Tango card stock (SU!)
- copper brad

My folded card size is 6.5"x5". 
I cut out a 4.25" circle from the card base. Then I cut out a 4" circle of soft sky card stock and cut it in half and stamped my cute little girl on it. I glued the DSP on the inside of the card and used dimensionals to attach the half circle. I inked the edges of the card and around the circle too. I stamped my flower image and cut it out using the petite petals punch. Wrapped the linen thread and stamped my 'hello,' and BAM! Done. Okay it sounds easy now, but it did actually take a lot longer messing around with colours! 

Thanks for checking it out!


0 comments:

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com